Saturday, February 2, 2008

I love Barack Obama... I really do...

A friend emailed me and said, "Too bad I can't appreciate a black man," in response to my last post on my support of Hillary Clinton for president. This is what I replied to him:

I can appreciate a strong black men, for me, that's the rule and not the exception. Also, I was initially an Obama supporter and was on the host committe that first brought Michelle Obama to Atlanta. I gave him money, and helped raise thousands more. I think Michelle and Barack are the bomb. I met him two years ago and was fortunate to have his ear for a little while at an event.

I feel like Andrew Young does, he'll be ready, America will be ready, and he will win hands down in 8 years... Some of the last Jim Crow afficianados will be dead, his daughters will be older, and he will still be a breath of fresh air.

And he will go down in history, not just for being the first black president, but for being an EXTRAORDINARY president, mutually exclusive of his skin color.

No comments: